Side note - I am currently watching my husband feed oatmeal to our dog. . .with our son's baby spoon. It is quite hilarious.
The week wasn't so bad. I mostly had oatmeal with blueberries for breakfast, a Smart Ones with a giant salad for lunch, and a mix-up of things for dinner.
Here are a few of the challenges from this week:
- Why the hell did I make my weigh-in day Sunday? I mean, Saturday night is pizza night for the O'Rourke house. What goes best with pizza. . .well, beer of course. It was SO challenging to stop at two slices and only drink 1 (pint) of Michelob Ultra. I know, I know. . .first world problems. But still, it was very difficult.
- Water, water, water, water, water. I know I need to drink a lot of it, but I easily forget. By the end of the day, I'm like a fish trying to get in my 8 cups.
Here are some of the highlights:
- On my way back from the mountains of Eastern Kentucky, I hit a HUGE rainstorm. Since my car tires need to be replaced, and the defrost dial doesn't work, I was sliding all over the road and couldn't see anything. I decided that I would stop at the nearest gas station, which happened to face a Dairy Queen, which I just HAD to visit in order to wait out the storm, right? Upon entering, I went directly to the bathroom, stared myself down in the mirror, and thought about how good a bacon cheeseburger would be with some fries and the new Candy Shop Blizzard. I then walked up to the counter and proceeded to order. . .a small diet coke. When I got to the fountain, I realized they serve Pepsi products (what a shame). So, I ended up drinking water. That's right, I sat in Dairy Queen for no less that 45 minutes waiting for the storm to pass, and only had water. HOT DAMN! Maybe I am serious this time.
- My love for Dance Central 2 has been renewed. My goodness, the calories I burned playing that game this week number in the thousands! I especially love dancing to the song "Run (I am a Natural Disaster)" by Gnarls Barkley. Also, I have been reintroduced to my jump rope. That thing is harder than I remember
that's what she said.
- While working an event Saturday morning, I noticed a school contact walk by me a few times. I was about to stop her when she came over to me and said, "Oh my goodness, you have lost so much weight. I wasn't sure that was you until I saw you smile." Now, she last saw me right after giving birth, but it still felt SO good to hear her say that!
Next week, I think I'll focus on drinking more water, getting more cardio exercise, and definitely more strength training.
Ok folks. That's that. I think I'll do measurements after every 5-10 pounds lost. I leave you with a video of some girl dancing to my fave Dance Central 2 song as mentioned above. As soon as I figure out how to do this, you will see a video of yours truly :)