Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I'm Back!

. . .for now at least! I was inspired by my friend April, who has promised herself that she would do at least one blog entry per week. It's a new year, right?! I can do that too. So, I will shoot for 52 entries. Anything beyond that is just icing on the cake.

Life is good! I've got a new job working with the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA). I'm an outreach counselor for the company. I work in 7 counties around the area and teach middle school students all the way up to adult learners about the admissions and financial aid processes for college. I also teach financial literacy. It's pretty amazing! The last few days I've been studying up on the FAFSA. Not only am I in schools working directly with students, but I also work creatively with community partners that serve those audiences. I love my job!

Patrick is great. I am in love with my husband. Yep, head over heels! He's been getting back into the groove of school. I'm still amazed at the fact that he takes kids from sounding like screaming banshees on their instruments to actually producing music. That man has the patience of Job!

I'm falling more and more in love with our dog Lee! He's got quite the personality. Lately, he understands that the kitchen means food, and anytime we are near it, he comes running. . .you know, just to make sure we know that we can give him treats if we feel so inlined.

So it's a new year. I didn't actually come up with a resolution this time around, although, I would like to read a LOT more this year than last. . .particularly the classics. A friend of mine did a 100 book challenge last year. She's Superwoman, though. I'm sure she finished 100 books in the first week of 2010. I'm pretty inspired by her, so I think I'll take on that challenge this year!

What resolutions do you all have? Any at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...